Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Miss Diva Ella is released

Oh the joy, and concern I felt the day Little Miss Diva Ella was released.  A texted me Tuesday 7/20 and said that Ella was going to be released the next day.  I was over joyed but I kept wondering if A had everything needed for her to stay at the hotel.  It took lots of strength to keep from texting him the list of things I thought he needed to have before she was to be released.  But I held back knowing that he had done his research and knew at least the basics of what he needed. 

Anyway she ended up being released on Thursday 7/22, that night I'm sure daddy go no sleep.  The next day A, his brother M and my self took Ella to her first pediatrician appointment.  Since they are from TX and going to be here until her brother is released I figured he should go to someone that I know and trust.  In the office the ladies should know me since I'm there with one my three at least once a month and I had just been there 3 days prior.  But they must not have remembered because they kept asking how I was doing and referring to me as mom.  I kept saying that I was just the oven but for some reason it didn't seem to click.  Oh well, I finally gave up.  Just as A says he has to do sometimes when people ask about "mom".  We tease that he needs to come up with some crazy story as to why he's raising the kids on his own.  Shawn my hubby loved telling people that "oh those are not mine, don't put that on me".  It was really funny to see the faces when he said that.  We did explain after but it still was funny.  I thought one waitress was going to sock him when he told her that.  Oops. 

Back to little Miss Diva Ella at her appointment she weighed 4lbs 14oz and I believe she was 18 inches.  Some great progress as Dr J said. 

Anyway, she's doing great at the hotel (her temporary home) and loves to wake daddy up or keep daddy up all night. 

Oh and the NICU nurses nicknamed her Miss Diva Ella because she was so demanding at times and then other times she didn't want anything to do with them.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment