Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bittersweet day

I got the call on Friday saying that Max was to be released on Saturday and they were finally headed home to Texas.  A and I decided that we would meet at the hospital so we could take pictures before they were off to the airport.  I woke up Saturday morning feeling sad that A and the twins would be going home but at the same time happy that at just 4 weeks old (36 gestational weeks) both Max and Ella were healthy enough to be going home.  Shawn, the kids and I got ready and met A at the hospital where we took a couple of pictures and saw them off.  The visit was short and my only regret is not asking if I could get a picture of me holding the twins together, but there will be time for me to get my picture when we visit the twins at home in Texas. 

It's hard to believe that this journey started just 14 months ago, and now A and the twins are off to the next phase of their journey.  While the journey has come to an end the friendship will certainly last a lifetime.  I have learned so much from A and his family.  They are a very close and loving family and we are blessed to have them in our extended family. 

Our first trip is in the works, so it won't be long before we get to see them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment