Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Max reaches 5lbs!!!!!

On Sunday 7/25 the NICU nurses made a beautiful little scrapbook page for Max celebrating his reaching 5 lbs.  He is still in the hospital but making some major leaps and bounds with regard to his progress.  He is down to just two do dads, the O2 monitor and the feeding tube.  The physician's want him to be nippling all of his feedings and he likes to sleep way more then eating.  He tends to fall asleep while eating. 

Last night I went to the hospital to spend some time with A and Max just in time for his 9pm feeding.  Well just before I arrived Max decided that he'd had enough of his feeding tube and pulled it out.  So A and I sat there and talked to Max and encouraged him to eat like a big boy so he didn't have to have that silly thing put back up his nose.  He was so funny the entire time he was wide awake and every time I would talk he would look over at me.  It was so sweet.  I was happy to see him so awake because it was pretty much the first time I'd seen him awake or at least that awake.  He at the first 35cc's great and then needed a break, it took about 5 minutes but then he finished the rest of the bottle all by him self.  YAY for Max, he even took in 8 extra oz so he was ahead for his next feeding.

A and I just talked about the twins, my kids and our childhood.  It was so nice to sit and chat.  A even mentioned that he can't wait for the twins to be old enough that Athena can tell them about when they were in my belly.  It was nice to hear him say that because I know that though this process I have not only helped him build his family but I have added to mine as well.  I have no doubts that this friendship is for a lifetime. 

I continue to cheer on Max from the sidelines.  I can't wait to see him get released to go home with his daddy and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment